Home Sweet Here :: My next chapter in blogging.

Friday, February 17, 2017

It's been such a long time since I sat down simply with the task of pouring thoughts out on the page. My blogging journey has been full and exhausting at times, but it always served a purpose, and when it didn't I stepped away.

Recently, I've been feeling this desire to write again. I first started blogging in 2008. Ben and I were just starting to plan our family and I wanted to share that with friends and extended family. I naively thought we would have news to share quickly, but it didn't quite work out like that. My blog was my personal space and when we dealt with a small bout of infertility it became a community. I look back on my early days of blogging with such affection. I still follow a few friends on Facebook and IG that I met though my blog. I had a blogging friend just an hour away build our dining room table, we had never met in person until we drove to her house to pick it up. It's kind of a fascinating relationship, to share your life with strangers and feel like you know them. I've followed along with pregnancies, and loss, life, and growing kiddos- but life got busy and time for blogging became sparse.

In 2012, I started my own business built around the blogging industry (which it's turned into!). When I first started designing, everything was very personal, mostly family blogs, now it's mostly business. My business has changed, molded, and when I wasn't able to keep my part time position after Little Chick was born, I decide to make design my full-time gig. It's worked out incredibly well, and I'm so thankful that I have had that opportunity. I truly love what I do. But as I took on everyone else's blog/site mine took a backseat and eventually I just kind of stopped writing- too exhausted to share, too many thoughts to organize.

A good friend and I started a Local Lifestyle blog for about a year, which was so much fun, but so much work, and again as life changed we weren't able to keep up. I transferred all of my archives to more of a business site and took down my personal posts, but I find myself still wanting to write. That space isn't really the place to do it, it's too big, too exposed. So, after a bit of thought I decided to start again...back to the basics with a simple Blogger blog, shared only with friends and family. So here you are!


Home Sweet Here, a place for me to share my life. Thoughts about parenting and my girls (which will be referred to as Big Chick and Little Chick in this space), marriage, a place to share my favorite beauty finds, design ideas, recipes, thoughts on faith and anything else that comes pouring out. I'm glad you're here. I hope you enjoy!

Next up, behind the name Home Sweet Here and why it fits this time in our lives so well.
Have a wonderful Friday, friends! Are you doing anything fun!?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Leave a Comment

  1. I am so excited that you are back at good ole blogging! Looking forward to reading more! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Callie! I am excited about this- it feels like such a relief to just to do it my own time, my own way :)

      Delete